Monday, June 3, 2013

Walking in Gratitude


                                                               Source: serendipitylulu.blogspot.com.au via Mulberry on Pinterest


     After a recent health scare, I have been reminded of the magical effects of practicing true and meaningful gratitude. Experiencing wellness and healing once again, I want to take this time to express heart felt thanks for the support and love of friends, family, and the understanding of my yoga and Pilates students as I have recovered, because without that, the journey would have been much more difficult.
     
     I was thinking today about all of the teachers in my life, which I am so happy and grateful to have because they are such an integral part of my development each day into a better form of myself. Although those who come to my classes are not only counted as friends and as students, they too have become my teachers. I always say that one of the privileges I enjoy as a teacher, is to share a something that I am passionate about, but also to impart my belief that this physical practice has an emotional benefit as well by way of self-acceptance. We can only begin where we are and it is from first accepting that place that we can begin to move forward. When we build a foundation of gratitude, forgiveness, care and acceptance of ourselves just as we are--the good and the perceived "bad"-- true personal growth can begin.

     As I am just a small part of helping others to find joy in this journey, through laughing at ourselves in the yogic practice of non-harming (not judging ourselves or others as we may falter in learning a new pose) I am grateful for the ways that I am taught as well. Thank you for teaching me by allowing me to share in your journey and for accepting me as I am, because I feel all the better for it.

     I hope to see you in class this week and in the weeks ahead so that we may continue the fun and adventure of it all. Bring a friend and share with them too. Please see the post below for more details on the June promotion.

     With gratitude and warmth, 
Namaste

Tamar 

No comments:

Post a Comment